Posted by Blyka on May 5th, 2017 - 09:00 pm EDT
Today marks five years since TLT officially launched, and with it comes Demo v0.2.3! Averaging a demo a year doesn't sound too bad now... Never mind how early the project still is after half a decade. Progress has certainly picked up from the couple years that I was practically on an unofficial hiatus, so hopefully we can keep the pace until TLT delivers a fuller experience.
As for what's new this time around, there's quite a collection of things building towards a more solid experience:
- Introducing the Pause Menu! This includes the new zenny and playtime readouts, as well as a working Options tab (presently mouse only).
- A small ruin expansion features new inner-ruin doors and a new Reaverbot, Amistal!
- Amistal also brings the big multi-explosion, and advancements made to the core enemy engine.
- Tuttle's cane combo can be started from running or airborne attacks, making for much smoother attacking!
- Sound effects are now in 3D space, and audio has been implemented to allow volume tweaking in the Options.
- Screen resolution system is vastly improved, and with it comes new resolution options and better mouse functionality when letterboxed.
- Camera wall clipping system was improved, allowing you to see better in the ruins.
- Improved facial expression system has Tuttle blinking.
- Polished up Tuttle's cane swipe effect.
- Green harbor crate joins the others in the main area.