Posted by Blyka on May 5th, 2016 - 11:15 am EDT
This has been a very, very long time coming, but we're thrilled to finally announce that Demo Version 0.2 is now available for download!
If you've been keeping an eye on our Twitter feed you may have noticed a surge in activity beyond the usual #TLTuesday efforts over the past few weeks. We hoped to make it for the 4 year anniversary since this site's launch, and what do you know, we actually did!
Read on to see what's new in this long awaited demo release!
- Engine has been rewritten from the ground up and is vastly superior on the technical side--and hopefully going the right direction this time.
- Proper jumping physics, and many other improvements making for what we feel to be much smoother and faster gameplay.
- Entirely new camera system and control schemes in place. Play with the keyboard, keyboard/mouse, or a (highly recommended) dual-stick gamepad.
- Major graphic improvements feature the new style of real-time lighting and shadows, Tuttle's updated design and a more polished animation set.
- Native resolution is now 1080 and runs at 60fps... if you've got the PC for it. Now optional to easily switch between 1080, 720 or 360--all able to be toggled to full screen.
- While the environment is essentially the same, it's been generally enlarged and even expanded with a new area to put Tuttle's new jumping and camera through the paces.
- Even the music track, while the same, is an improved rendition. ;)
And there's probably more, but that about covers it. While some may be disappointed to get what's essentially a remake of our first small demo after such a long wait, it's been a very rocky road (which I'll blog about later) and we're just happy to finally have things on track again--and farther along even, with concrete jumping physics if nothing else.
In closing, a massive thank you to all who have kept with us throughout the years, and especially to those who support us every week on Twitter! We hope you enjoy the demo reboot!